Sunday, November 11, 2007

Simalaraties btwn Kmt Teachings and Buddhism

all of these 'simalaraty' posts first appeared on the esangha forum.

Many people ask me what Buddhism and Kmt spiritual practices have in common.
(kmt is an ancient Egyptian word meaning 'the black land' and is used to refer to the people and the country.)

That is what this and my further posts will be in regards to. If I miss the mark, meaning that my understanding of Buddhism (in general.. although I do lean toward Zen teachings) please let me know.. it will help greatly.

Rt now I'm embarking on a 20 book reading list, this is where I start. With The Temple In Man written by Renee Schwaller de lubicz in which he states :

"... the universe exists for us only through our consciousness and our particular intellectual faculties, nothing, in truth, opposes the admission of the 'extreme formula."" With this way of seeing, all rational science collapses, all scientific thought is precluded."

there is some left in because it reminds me of the purpose of the koan... to suspend 'rational' thought ... going beyond in your thinking and meditations... or to quote "a Koan is seems pointless or incomprehensible, ... is actually an invitation to think in a new way, a tool to startle the consciousness into enlightenment...."

No comments: